Saturday, July 09, 2016

A NEW ROBOT PET (ANKI COZMO)


Give this to me and I might reconsider getting a dog!

(Photo from The Verge)

I saw this guy last week as I am scrolling through my YouTube Subscriptions and at first I am not convinced about the effectiveness of this product but forty five seconds later of CNET's video my jaw just dropped and my eyes literally popped. I didn't finished the vid, I flew straight into the search box finding myself looking for this majestic robot's official video, and there I was, late at night, wanting a toy like I am a 10-year-old kid again.  It's like a dream come true. It reminded me of Jimmy Neutron's dog, Goddard, and how badly I wanted something like that back when I was a kid. Unfortunately, it does not fly or self-destructs and then builds itself back up like Goddard but it boasts very unique features and abilities like play with you, detect your face and most importantly, it can show emotions, just like a normal genuine person, I mean how cool can that be? 

It's the start of a new era of "pets" and "robots". For sure, in the near future, we would actually see robots like this roaming around our streets playing with the kids or chasing down burglars with the police. But for now, I am thankful that we'll get a chance to see the glimpse of that future with Anki's Cozmo.

To learn more about Cozmo, click here.
For Cozmo BTS video, click here.

To be updated on the latest and greatest on the tech world, Subscribe to RPT&G Newsletters!

No comments:

Post a Comment