Thursday, July 07, 2016

Pokemon GO - OUT NOW!


(Photo from The Pokemon Company)

Oh yes, Pokemon GO is now live! 

If you don't already know I am a huge Pokemon and Nintendo Fan. I first met Pikachu on our TV when I was young and played my very first Pokemon RPG (it was the LeafGreen Version, honestly, it was not mine... I just borrowed it from my cousin) at third grade and ever since then I know I will love them forever. 

Now, 20 years after its debut, The Pokemon Company released a brand new game for iOS and Android. The thing that makes this game very special other than the fact that it is for the celebration of the twentieth-year of Pokemon is that, instead of creating a fictional dimension inspired from real world locations, The Pokemon Company decided to let the players play on the real world.

Pokemon GO will use the phone's capabilities like the camera and GPS to display the first 151 Pokemon from the first generation that trainers can catch and collect. The app will also feature in-app purchases to furthermore enhance the player's experience. Lastly, there will also be a band called the "Pokemon GO Plus" that will sync with your smartphone through Bluetooth. It will alert you whenever you come across a wild Pokemon and allow you to catch it so you won't have to pick up your phone all the time. 

Pokemon GO is not yet available to all countries at the time of this post's publishing. To be updated on more Pokemon GO and Pokemon news subscribe to RPT&G Newsletters.

No comments:

Post a Comment